Recent Commercial Posts
Beware of Flash Flooding in Otay Mesa/ San Ysidro
Flooding in a structure can occur through natural channels such as flash flooding or through the accumulation of water over a period of time from water line leaks/ruptures. Attacking this problem without professional help can become tedious and possibly dangerous in Otay Mesa/ San Ysidro. When your home and/or business are affected by water damage, it is critical to act immediately to minimize cost and inconvenience. SERVPRO of Otay Mesa/ San Ysidro has trained professionals who are quick to respond and apply the latest equipment and techniques to make the removal of water and the restoration of your property as organized and pain-free as possible. The drying process is timed and documented to ensure the job is done quickly and completely. Our hope is that we can make the entire unwanted experience “Like it never even happened,” and that we can continue to be your cleanup and restoration specialists in the future.
Tips for Standing Water in San Diego
Floodwaters cause havoc on commercial property in San Diego.
A flood doesn’t end once the storm stops. We still have to deal with all that standing water. The floodwater can take up to 11 days to disappear. It’s not time to go fishing.
If you have to evacuate your office, do not go back until you have been told it is safe.
Be careful driving in San Diego. Remember to “Go around. Don’t Drown!” The water may still be too deep for safe travel.
Floods are not natural swimming pools
- Sewage, debris, and other unpleasant things can be in the stormwater leftovers
- Swimming, wading, or rafting can make you sick
- Don’t drink the water
- Water conducts electricity. Underground power lines can give you a dangerous shock
Floodwaters vs. Animals in San Diego:
- Snakes and other animals may get into your building. Wear work boots and heavy gloves when you clean up
- Some animals might find your office a cozy place to live
- If tap water is unsafe to drink, it is unsafe for your pets
Commercial Flood Insurance in San Diego.
Does your San Diego commercial property need flood insurance?
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) provides flood insurance. The NFIP doesn’t sell insurance. Buy flood insurance from an insurance agent.
SERVPRO of Otay Mesa/ San Ysidro is interested in helping the businesses in our community become more educated on flood insurance. According to FEMA, 40% of small businesses do not reopen after experiencing a devastating flood.
Things to know in Otay Mesa/ San Ysidro. Check to see if you might be required to have flood insurance.
- All agencies in Otay Mesa/ San Ysidro charge the same for flood insurance
- Standard commercial insurance doesn’t pay for flood damage
- The NFIP sets the rates
- Rates depend on:
- whether you live in a flood plain
- flood risk in your area
- building’s age
- building’s construction
- Building property insurance covers the building
- Personal property insurance covers the building’s contents
- NFIP suggests you need both types
- Policies go into effect 30 days after purchase
- The NFIP help center number is 1-800-427-4661
SERVPRO of Otay Mesa/ San Ysidro recommends the following:
- Check whether or not your area participates in the NFIP
- Check whether or not your area is part of the Community Rating System. The NFIP might have a discount
- Talk to your insurance agent when you need to make changes
Make sure your business is protected from the devastation that comes with unwanted flooding in your office.
Commercial Property Loss in Otay Mesa
Call SERVPRO of Otay Mesa/ San Ysidro for any commercial property needs.
Building a business is a crazy idea. It takes sweat, blood, and tears not to mention hard work and lots of hours. We know that your business is precious to not only you but also your employees and customers. We want to make sure that if a disaster from property damage, like a fire from an electrical fire, or water damage from a sprinkler break or mold and microbial growth issue, we are ready to help you. But we want to help you prevent disasters and have a plan of action in case a disaster does strike.
SERVPRO provides a free app for business owners to set up to outline what to do and who to call if any damage occurs. We can help you set up your profile so you are ready for whatever happens.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Faster To Any Size Disaster
When a disaster like a sprinkler breaks in a warehouse the gallons of water that come pouring down in just a matter of minutes can be insane. From the moment the pipe breaks the water starts to pour down causing damage to your building but also everything within it like computers and your inventory.
When your business has damage you are not able to help your customers and your work comes to a halt. We know that the longer your business is down unable to serve your customers the possibility of losing your customer's business is a real threat. We help you you to get back on your feet after property damage and back to business as normal. We are the team that will help you make it "Like it never even happened."
Prepare Your Business for a Storm in Otay Mesa / San Ysidro
Prepare Your Business for storm damage
Otay Mesa / San Ysidro knows how devastating storms can be. Storm damage and water damage can be especially harsh on small- or medium sized businesses; the Small Business Administration estimates that 25% of such businesses never recover after a disaster forces them to close. SERVPRO® of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro want San Ysidro businesses to thrive and is sharing these tips for preventing the worst.
Preventing Storm Damage in Otay Mesa / San Ysidro
- Make sure your employees will be safe:
- sign up for text alerts from the business and from local weather alert services
- encourage them to keep emergency kits at home and in their cars
- keep emergency supplies available
- encourage employees to stay at home or to leave early enough to avoid the storm
- Get updates on weather from your local stations or the National Weather Service
- Have insurance that covers against hazards such as high winds
- Post contact for plumbers, vendors, customers, any building contractors
- Prepare for internet or power outages by having all contact information available offline
If storm damage or water damage strikes your business, call SERVPRO of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro right away. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster.
SERVPRO of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro is independently owned and operated.