Prevent Toilet Overflows in San Ysidro
Overflowing pantries and gift baskets in San Yisdro are delightful. Overflowing toilets --- not so much. Sometimes, the water in the bowl gets too high, and the next flush sends it gushing to the bathroom floor. The outflow could be a sudden rush of regular water. The outflow could be far worse. SERVPRO® of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro is sharing tips to prevent such a mess.
Keep San Ysidro Toilets from Overflowing:
- Shop towels, hunks of hair, cat litter, and other products can clog the toilet
- Even toilet paper can clog a toilet if there is too much of it
- Flush in large batches if there is large amount of material
- Low-flow toilets save water and try patience – hold the handle down for a couple of extra seconds to make sure that there is enough water
- If the water in the toilet bowl is high, use a plunger to clear the drain
- Don't wait until the water is up to the bowl's rim – the water will have nowhere to go except the floor
- If a plunger doesn't work, call a plumber
Even the cleanest water will not stay clean for long. If there is any reason to suspect hidden water (musty smell, mold, wet ceilings in the rooms below), call SERVPRO of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro We're always available, and we'll fix the damage “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro is independently owned and operated.