Unclog Gutters to Prevent Water Damage
SERVPRO® of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro has no way of changing if it will rain or not, but we can help residents and business owners prevent water damage by sharing this information about gutters.
Keep the Gutters Clear in Otay Mesa / San Ysidro:
- Gutters channel water from the roof to downspouts, so it flows safely away from the building
- Because debris ends up in the gutters, you should clean them twice a year
- Debris such as twigs, leaves, and litter can clog the gutters
- When gutters are clogged, rain may cause water damage to the roof, the foundation, or the basement
- When you clean the gutters, check seams, bends, and downspouts for debris
- Replace broken or missing struts and screens
- Be sure to check the seams, downspouts, and bends
- A pressure washer or a plumber's snake may be useful for clearing obstructions that are hard to reach
- Find out if any downspouts lead to underground pipes and check those for clogs or debris
Clear gutters aren't the only means to prevent water damage, and storm damage can strike even buildings with the clearest gutters. If you need help, call SERVPRO of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro. We will make your place look “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro is independently owned and operated.