Bring Your Pets When You Have to Evacuate Your Home.
Fires and severe storms can be so dangerous that San Ysidro residents sometimes need to evacuate. If that happens, SERVPRO® of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro wants everyone to be ready to bring the household pets. The Federal Emergency Management Association (FEMA) recommends being prepared well ahead of time.
Before an Emergency in Otay Mesa / San Ysidro :
- Arrange ways to transport large animals
- Ensure that all animals, large or small, have identification
- Maintain accuracy of all information
- SERVPRO of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro recommends micro-chips for all pets
- Large animals can also have microchips
- Pets will need secure harnesses or leashes
- Smaller pets need secure crates
- Larger pets may need crates for sleeping in a shelter
- Locate pet-friendly lodgings in the area
- Stay current on vaccinations
Emergency Kits for Pets:
- Copies of vaccinations, other records
- Keep copies of prescriptions
- Contact information for vet
- Supplies of water and food
- 3-day supply of all medications for each pet
- Pet first-aid kit
- If there is time, pack the pets' usual bedding, but have bedding or blankets in the kit
- Anything that keeps the pet comfortable, including treats and toys
- Litter box or litter boxes
SERVPRO of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro can remediate fire damage or storm damage “Like it never even happened.” We are Here to Help® 24/7, no matter what the day.
SERVPRO of Otay Mesa / San Ysidro is independently owned and operated.