Power Outage Safety Tips for San Ysidro?
Storm damage can happen at any time in San Ysidro, and when this happens, SERVPRO® of Otay Mesa/San Ysidro is Here to Help. ® According to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), extended power outages may impact communities and the economy. Here are some power outage tips from FEMA:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed
- Use a generator, but only outdoors and away from windows
- Do not use a gas stove or oven to heat your home
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges
- Have alternate plans for refrigerating medicines for using power-dependent medical devices
- Check with local officials about heating and cooling locations open near you
Preparing for a Power Outage
- Take an inventory of the items you need that rely on electricity
- Plan for batteries and other alternative power sources to meet your needs when the power goes out, such as a portable charger or power bank
- Determine whether your home phone will work in a power outage and how long the battery backup will last
When your home or commercial business requires storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Otay Mesa/San Ysidro is Here to Help. ® Our highly trained restoration technicians are on-call and ready to assist you 24-hours a day in San Ysidro. Call us today at 619-439-2407. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.