Black Water Contamination in Otay Mesa?
Do you know that exposure to sewer water can cause severe health problems? SERVPRO® of Otay Mesa/San Ysidro’s technicians are trained and certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) to safely restore areas contaminated by black water. Here are the three classifications of contaminated water:
Category 1: “Clean Water”
This is water from a clean source, such as a broken clean water supply line or faucet.
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated, it can degrade into category two or three
Category 2: “Gray Water”
- It May contain bacteria and viruses
- It can quickly degrade into category three if left untreated
Category 3: “Black Water”
This water is grossly unsanitary and could cause severe illness or death if ingested, and all contact should be avoided. Sources for category three, “black water,” include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
Call Us Today!
Otay Mesa residents and commercial businesses can rely on SERVPRO® of Otay Mesa/San Ysidro to clean and restore areas contaminated by black water. Our technicians are on-call 24-hours a day to restore black water damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 619-439-2407.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.