Ember Fire in Otay Mesa?
- Embers are burning pieces of airborne wood and or vegetation that can be carried more than a mile through the wind that can cause spot fires and ignite homes, debris, and other objects
- Research around home destruction versus home survival in wildfires points to embers and small flames as the main way that the majority of homes ignite
- There are methods for homeowners to prepare their homes to withstand ember attacks and minimize the likelihood of flames or surface fire touching the home or any attachments
- Experiments, models, and post-fire studies show that homes ignite due to the home’s condition and everything around it, up to 200 feet from the foundation. This is called the Home Ignition Zone.
- HOME IGNITION ZONES To increase your home’s chance of surviving a wildfire, choose fire-resistant building materials and limit the amount of flammable vegetation in the three home ignition zones. The zones include the Immediate Zone: (0 to 5 feet around the house), the Intermediate Zone (5 to 30 feet), and the Extended Zone (30 to 100 feet).
Call Us Today!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.