Clogged Rain Gutters in San Ysidro?
American home improvement expert, Bob Villa, has been around for years, and his advice has helped many homeowners repair and improve their properties. SERVPRO® of Otay Mesa/San Ysidro witnesses firsthand the difference routine inspection and maintenance can do to prevent water intrusion problems. Here are some helpful tips from Bob Villa’s website on how to tell if your rain gutters are damaged:
Inspect your rain gutters for visible signs of cracking
- Use some binoculars to inspect for smaller cracks
- If you see extensive cracking; replacement is required
Inspect gutter seams
- Look for damage where two horizontal sections meet
Inspect your home’s paint job
- If there is evidence of paint peeling; itmay point to rain gutter failure
- Check the section of the rain gutter closest to the paint damage for leaks
- If there are more than a couple of leaks; you may want to replace the rain gutters
Inspect your home’s exterior wood elements for rotting windowsills or door jambs
- You may have clogged rain gutters or inadequate storm drainage
Inspect the exterior of the house for mildew damage
- If there is moisture accumulating around or near the foundation, mildew can grow. This is a sign your rain gutters are not working properly.
Call Us Today!
Franchises are independently owned and operated.