Damaged Downspout Causing Water Damage in Otay Mesa Home?
After the last big storm in San Diego County, our local teams in Otay Mesa and San Ysidro responded to many water damage emergencies. My attic started taking on water, and when I went to inspect, I saw that a tree limb had blown into the side of my home and damaged and blocked the downspout that allowed the rainwater to back up and saturate my roof located next to the rain gutter system. Here are some tips for repairing and protecting your home’s exterior from water damage:
- Caulk and seal windows to guard against water seepage
- Inspect your roof for missing, damaged and aging shingles and make necessary repairs
- Check your downspouts. Remove debris that may have accumulated in downspouts and rain gutters. Position downspouts so that they direct water away from the house.
- Check sprinklers and irrigation systems to be sure they are not creating water damage to the walls and foundations of the house. Turn off and drain outside faucets to protect against frozen pipes.
- Install gutter guards to prevent gutter clogs and keep water flowing away from the house instead of accumulating on the roof
Call Us Today!
When you need help with water damage, our local team in Otay Mesa and San Ysidro is Here to Help. ®We’ll clean and restore your damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 619-439-2407.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.