Otay Mesa Residents Take Steps to Discourage Mold Problems?
Our local Otay Mesa/SanYsidro team has been restoring mold-damaged properties in Otay Mesa for years. Our technicians are certified to remediate mold damage by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification. We have the training, equipment, and experience to restore mold damage no matter how extensive the problem is.
Here are some tips for preventing mold growth from the County of San Diego website:
- Fix leaky plumbing and leaks in the building envelope as soon as possible
- Watch for condensation and wet spots
- Fix sources of moisture problems as soon as possible
- Prevent moisture caused by condensation by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in air (humidity)
- Insulate or increase air circulation to increase surface temperature
- Increase ventilation (if outside air is cold and dry), or dehumidify (if outdoor air is warm and humid) to reduce the moisture level in the air, repair leaks, etc.
- Keep heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning drip pans clean, flowing properly, and unobstructed
- Vent moisture-generating appliances, such as dryers, to the outside where possible
- Maintain low indoor humidity, below 60 percent relative humidity (RH), ideally 30 to 50 percent, if possible
- Adhere to a regular schedule of building/HVAC inspections and maintenance
- Provide drainage outside foundation walls, and slope the ground away from the foundation to speed drying after rainfalls
Call Us Today!
When you find mold growing in your Otay Mesa home or commercial business, our local Otay Mesa/San Ysidro team can help. We’ll restore your mold damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 619-439-2407.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.